Thursday, June 25, 2009

Briggs is growing up

So the other morning I got ready to go to the grocery store. Briggs was in his bedroom playing with some toys. I went in and said "Briggs you should clean up this bedroom, it is a mess." He didn't say anything and I thought, yea right, not going to happen. A little while later I went to the store and left Marie in charge. Marie couldn't hear anything from upstairs and so she went to check on Briggs. She went in his bedroom and all the toys had been picked up and put away. She thought I had done it but couldn't see Briggs right away. She looked in his closet and there was Briggs putting his toys away. She said "Briggs did you put your toys away?" He said, Yea, I am cleaning my room. These little ones go here, and these go here and he continued to explain where the toys went. She said, Briggs are you growing up? He said yep, and now you go and clean your room. After his room was all done he went in and helped Marie do hers. I thought it might be a fluke but then today when he was meeting his preschool teacher for the first time, he went over to where a little girl had been playing with a kitchen set and saw that she had left the food toys out. He came back and said he was going to clean up the toys she left out. Yea! There is hope!

2 comments:

Tyler and Allison said...

Awwwww... What a cutie patootie.
I liked this story. He's such a big boy already!

Gayle and Curt Family Blog said...

Send him over! Breann needs some help!