Monday, March 30, 2009

Moab!!





The family escaped for the weekend away from the snow, to sunny Moab! This was called Tusher Tunnels. It was very fun because we didn't need a torch! It was ok to go toward the light at the end of this tunnel.




Briggs loved playing in the sand.









Daredevil Cliffhanger





Marie hangin off a cliff. See what happens when you live on the edge? It was a good thing her dad was on top of that ledge.





Marie climbing in between rocks. She wanted to scale 2 walls at the same time!





Tyler taking it all in and scaring his mother to death! Click on this picture to make it bigger, it will give you the whillies!









Tyler's version of "Atlas"






What a stud! A man and his GPS are never parted in this country.







Beautiful rock formations! Fun to climb too!



Briggs and Dad takin in the scenery!
Now I will give you just a few of the choice little things Briggs said this past weekend.

As you can tell from some of these pictures, there were a few dangerous spots. Not a good place for a nieve 3 year old with NO FEAR! We were standing on a cliff at Gemini Bridges when he looked over the edge while I had a death grip on him and he said, "I want to jump off there"

Soon I heard him saying over and over "Mom I'm fine!"
Then it was "Watch your step"
While waiting for Elwin to buy our tour book at the visitors center Briggs was looking out the window and would say "Wow, look at the size of that truck". Every 2 seconds there was a new truck to say that about.
One choice one this trip was "mom cover my nose, daddy farted"
Last but not least, Briggs was sitting at the dinner table wiggling like there was no tomorow. I said Briggs what are you doing? (like I didn't know) He said "I'm trying to wiggle the pee back inside." Ok, that I didn't know.
Never a dull moment at our house with Briggs.

1 comments:

Julie said...

Okay, how have I not seen these yet? I have to keep up better than I am apparently. What a fun trip! I don't remember Moab being so beautiful! Marie has the longest legs I've ever seen if she can scale two walls at the same time! I swear those kids are looking so tall! Has it really been that long?